Bug In SPPB 5.3 Accordion Addon(Text Block) - Question | JoomShaper

Bug In SPPB 5.3 Accordion Addon(Text Block)

A

Alvaro

SP Page Builder 2 weeks ago

After updating to version 5.3.0, all the sections that are after an Accordion Addon are left without margins and without paddings, and the cause is the content of the Accordion addon (Text Block), this problem does not only happen with existing addons but also when you add a new accordion.

I have not had time to review the code as on previous occasions and tell you where the error is, but the problem seems to be that there is a conflict between the new version of the addon with the JSON that has been added and continues adding the addon when dragging, because when the Text Block addon is removed from each accordion and a new Text Block addon is added again it works perfectly. But we can't start editing hundreds of thousands of pages just for this, so please fix that bug in the next version.

Reproduce the bug: Create 2 or 3 sections, in the first add the accordion addon, in the second and in the third add any addon, either in the backend or frontend editor, then see the page in the public part and you will see that the sections after the accordion They do not have margins or padding, if you see in the console the properties do not exist.

Joomla 5.1.0, SPPB 5.3.0, PHP 8.2.5, MySQL 8.0.18

Regards

6 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 weeks ago #155374

Hi Alvaro,

can you share link to page where you have it,

I think the fastest way to correct that would be using Custom CSS with predefined padding/margin values. I can only guess, that you want the same for all items & accordions.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 weeks ago #155396

By default should be that padding around text addon inside item(s)

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 07-54-04 Home.png

A
Alvaro
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #155509

I always work locally, Wampserver, (only some Linux clients have also reported) the problem is the following: suppose you have a page and in the middle you have an accordion or tab (it also affects this one) the addon looks perfect the problem is that all the sections or addons that are found after the accordion or tab are left without styles even though they have their values, and upon verification they are not only left without margins or padding but without other styles generated by SPPB. The problem is solved when editing the accordion or tab by removing the Text Block addon and adding it again.

Regards

A
Alvaro
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #155510

Additionally I had the problem: PHP regular expression limit reached (pcre.backtrack_limit), which did not let me work so I had to analyze this problem in depth, and it turns out that the addons and sections that are after the accordion were left without style due to an error in the inline CSS generated by the SPPB style generator, the same one responsible for generating PHP regular expression limit reached (pcre.backtrack_limit).

Solution: The error was in the improvement they entered for the popover addon in /components/com_sppagebuilder/layouts/addon/css.php on line 408, change from:

$global_custom_css = $settings->global_custom_css;

to

$global_custom_css = (isset($settings->global_custom_css) && !empty($settings->global_custom_css)) ? $settings->global_custom_css: '';

Please integrate it in the next version.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 weeks ago #155519

THX, shared with developer team.

AG
Anthony Grinblat
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #155578

WHERE IS THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT THAT I AM PAYING FOR???