Header Menu Behaviour In Helixultimate - Question | JoomShaper

Header Menu Behaviour In Helixultimate

ES

Emma Seymour

Template 1 month ago

Hiya,

I have an issue with the flex size/location of the header menu on my site. I would like the menu to either appear in the header area, or to move to the off canvas position. At the moment, between 991 px and 1400 px width the menu drops below the header and overlays the slider becoming difficult to see. Is there a way I can disable this and have it appear only within the header space, or as off canvas? Ideally I would prefer to keep the menu in the header area until it reduces to below 991 px width, but I appreciate this may be problematic alongside the logo, so would settle for it moving off canvas at 1400 if I have to.

I am using Joomla 4.4.5 and shaper helixultimate 2.1.1.

Thanks in advance

Emma

6 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #163253

Hi Emma,

Sorry for the delay.

You can reduce the padding less than 10 in the first code that I have shared.

Or,

You can follow this either:

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/customization-tips#span-class-h3-how-to-show-offcanvas-menu-sooner-span

Best Regards

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #162625

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out.

Actually, the menu items are not getting enough space to fit in the menu column of the Header. So you can try to reduce the gap among the menu items or you can reduce the font size of them either.

Here is sample code for reducing the menu item gaps. Please use the following code in your custom CSS:

.sp-megamenu-parent>li>a, .sp-megamenu-parent>li>span { 
    padding: 0 10px;
}

Here is all about custom code placement in Helix Ultimate: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/custom-code-css-js-meta

Best Regards

ES
Emma Seymour
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #162666

Hi Rashida,

Thank you for your suggestion, however this doesn't seem to be making enough of a difference. It has improved it slightly by keeping the menu in the header area when the screen size is 1200 px or above, but lower than this, it still drops over the slider until 991 px when it switches to the off canvas menu. I wondered if there is some way to set the width at which it switches to the off canvas menu?

I have reduced the font size but that hasn't helped in any way.

Regards

Emma

ES
Emma Seymour
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #163269

Hi Rashida,

The code in the link you provided worked perfectly. Thank you!

Emma

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #163426

Dear Emma,

Glad that it helped and you are always welcome :)

You may accept the most useful answer in order to close the post.

Have a nice day!

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #163475

Thanks for accepting the answer:)