Question About Template Compatibility With Joomla Version 4 And 5 - Question | JoomShaper

Question About Template Compatibility With Joomla Version 4 And 5

PD

Peter Dowse

Template 1 month ago

Hi Guys,

I'm wanting to get some clarification around templates and their compatability with Joomla versions 4 and 5.

Let me give you some perspective. We have many clients using your templates that are also running Joomla version 3.8+ - we are looking at upgrading these Joomla versions, along with the template etc so they're running the latest versions of things.

If I have a template that's only compatible with Joomla 3 and 4 - does this mean I need to stop the upgrade process at Joomla 4.4.6 and the template will not work with version 5?

I'm a little confused as I've upgraded a site today with the ensure template - and the site is now running Joomla 5.1.2 and there doesn't seem to be any issue with the template?

Does this mean a template that's compatible with Joomla version 4 will also work with version 5 - or are there potential compatability issues with the template across these versions and is taht compatability restricted to extrnal factors like PHP version, or other components on the site etc.

Som,e clarification around compatability of your templates with Joomla 4 and 5 would be great.

2 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #162509

Hi there!

Thanks for your query.

If compatibility information indicates the template is only compatible with Joomla 3 and 4, then the template is not ready with Joomla 5 yet. Apparently if there is no such problem arised you can continue, but it is not recommended by us.

About the Ensure template, officially it is not compatible with Joomla 5 yet.

Best Regards

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #162723

Thanks for accepting the answer and have a nice day!