How Would I Override This File? ‎/templates/shaper_helixultimate/features/menu.php? - Question | JoomShaper

How Would I Override This File? ‎/templates/shaper_helixultimate/features/menu.php?

Brad Thompson

Brad Thompson

Helix Framework 1 month ago

I'm looking to override ‎/templates/shaper_helixultimate/features/menu.php

I've put it in /templates/shaper_helixultimate/overrides/features/menu.php and it's not working.

What am I doing wrong?

5 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #161845

Hello Brad Thompson

There is a way. You have to take a separate file (for example: mymenu.php)

templates/shaper_helixultimate/features/mymenu.php

There is a class HelixUltimateFeatureMenu in menu.php file. In your file, you have to change it to HelixUltimateFeatureMymenu.

Then you have to do the same on the Header. For example, you will use style 1 header. So, you have to take a new file (for example: myheader.php)

templates/shaper_helixultimate/headers/style-1/myheader.php

There you have to update the path as include_once $feature_folder_path . '/mymenu.php'; and update HelixUltimateFeatureMymenu

Then if you install the template again, it will update original menu.php and header.php. Your mymenu.php and myheader.php will be safe.

Best regards

Brad Thompson
Brad Thompson
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #162127

Thanks, I've got it done. ✅

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #162128

You are welcome 😊

Please accept the answer that helped you. It will be then easier to find the solution for the other users with the same issue. There is a button to accept answer after each comment.

SC
Stuart Clark
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #161849

Once again - there's a complete disregard for how Joomla and updates are meant to work!

The Joomla override system is designed SPECIFICALLY to avoid updates breaking customisations. Unfortunately it seems JoomShaper don't care about this functionality OR the ability of their customers to keep systems working and up to date.

I am increasingly concerned about the complete lack of proper adhesion to Joomla rules, and the utter incompetence of support in a lot of these cases!

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #161886

Hello Stuart Clark

Thanks for your feedback. I have searched more and found a workaround. I will edit my first reply and share the fix.

Best regards