New Version Of Sitebuilder Pulls In Sitename, Not Page Title - Question | JoomShaper

New Version Of Sitebuilder Pulls In Sitename, Not Page Title

PD

Peter Dowse

SP Page Builder 1 month ago

Hi Guys,

When you open a page in the new version of Page Builder - the title tag is always brings in the sitename.

This makes it very difficult to manage multiple pages when you have them open in different tabs as they're all called 'sitename'.

Is there a reason the title tags aren't pulling in the article title like they did for previous versions of Page Builder? See below for a comparison of new vs old page builder versions.

7 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #161821

Okay, I have got your issue. In the editor, page title is not shown in browser title bar. I will share this with the development team. They will review and fix it in the next release.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #161744

Hello Peter Dowse

In my case, it is pulling the menu item title. Page Title is not shown in the title.

https://prnt.sc/m3ME9HCQVPLB

I have not found the issue. Please explain it more.

Best regards

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #161801

Hi Ofi,

I'm talking about the meta title tag that displays in tab at the top of the browser window.

Here's an example of the Crafty Quickstart. I've opened the bookings page, however, the meta title tag (in the tab at the top of the borwser) is showing the sitename, not the page title.

https://prnt.sc/7qTTDa4z-QI_

You had the page title showing for Page Builder version 3 - but you've changed the codebase in version 5. I'm not sure why, as it makes no sense. If you are editing multiple pages on a site with multiple tabs open, they all display the same sitename title tag, not the page title and it can get very confusing in a development ennvironment.

In the case of this quickstart the meta title is "SP Page Builder Pro - Crafty Quickstart - Administration" - not, 'Booking' (the name of the page I'm editing)

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #161822

That would be great - Clients probably don't care all that much - but in a development environment when we have multiple pages open, it can get very confusing.

Looking forward to seeing this fixed in the next update.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #161889

I see your point and agree with you. I will talk to the team to take this seriously.

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
3 days ago #166748

Hi Guys - any word on this as we'ven had a few releases and this still hasn't been fixed?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 day ago #166962

I have talked with the team. They will review it and after checking they might add it in the next release.