Webcam Picture - Question | JoomShaper

Webcam Picture

G

Gräzer Björn

SP Page Builder 2 months ago

Hello

I get every 5min a new picture loaded into following folder: images/webcam. In SP Page Builder I'm puplishing the pucture with the standard image addon. What do I need to do, that the latest picture is getting loaded. I always just have one picture in the mentioned folder, but the picture is not getting updated in the front end, unless I clear the browser cache.

https://flugplatz-schaenis.ch/piloten

Any solution would be very appriciated.

4 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #161612

Hi,

Image addon display only image from selected URL. But it load file ones, it keep that same image. That same would be if you would add image inside Article or Custom Module.

I guess, you need Custom Code Script that will refresh/reload - please talk with php/js developer from your city.

In theory you can reload whole page using a one line of HTML, but it doesn't make sense in your case.

G
Gräzer Björn
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #161652

Thank you very much for the various inputs. In the end, I solved it using the .htaccess file, which works perfectly.

<Files "webcam_picture.jpg"> Header set Cache-Control "no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate" Header set Pragma "no-cache" Header set Expires "0" </Files>

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #161611

Hello Gräzer Björn

Turn off caching in Global Configuration settings and disable your server-side caching. Then check your issue.

Best regards

G
Gräzer Björn
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #161653

Thank you Khan,

This was already set, but still not refreshing the picture. Anyway with the .htaccess update, it works perfectly.

Thanks and best regards Bjoern