Content Blocker Element (particulary Open Street Map) - Question | JoomShaper

Content Blocker Element (particulary Open Street Map)

CB

Christian Baur

SP Page Builder 2 months ago

We have SP Page Builder 5.3.4 Is there any blocking element that we can put around the elements that need consent from user to fullfille EU GDPR?

Or is there some third party plugin or extension that allows to do this with the elements on the pages that was built with SP Page builder?

We facing particulary the problem with using Open Street Map plugin, we need to add the Consent mode so that user proactively allows the downloading the map pictures from USA, but we can't find something like that either in settings of plugin nor as a extra block for content blocking from SP Page builder.

Any idea how we can solve this?

Cheers, Anton

3 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #161523

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this oversight. You can use our SP cookie consent plugin.

https://www.joomshaper.com/joomla-extensions/cookieconsent

Best regards,

Toufiqur Rahman (Team Lead, Support)

CB
Christian Baur
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #161659

Thank you. Do you have a documentation for this plugin? Cause it is not about cookies for us, it is about blocking content and preventing it from loading, I installed it, but I don´t see any new block in backend of SP Page builder, that I can use in order to block the loading of open street map, and not really understand how it can help me.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #161730

Sorry to say that, we just trough a message for users that we are not violating the rules of GDPR and you need to accept this terms.

Explanation of our plugin.

However, it's important to note that under GDPR, simply informing users that you are compliant and asking them to accept terms may not be sufficient. GDPR requires that users give explicit consent for data processing, and this consent must be informed, freely given, and revocable. It would be better to provide clear information about what data is being collected, how it will be used, and ensure users can opt-in voluntarily.