Joomla Article / Blog Post - Question | JoomShaper

Joomla Article / Blog Post

SG

Steven Gourlay

General 2 months ago

Hi ive always found the joomla article module rather limiting and hoping im being something wrong.

I have a JP Page that contains a module to show the latest news from a article category, this works fine but when i click on the post it loads a very basic page with no header etc. Is there anyway around this?

Is it possible to open the articule in a modal or a page that will show header image

6 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #161174

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out.

Did you mean SP Page Builder page? It seems you are talking about Joomla article detail page appearance. The appearance can be modified with the help of SP Page Builder editor, as it has Joomla aticle integration. But I could not understand your header thing, header comes from your template. Isn't there a category blog menu that is assignd to your desired article category that you want to see through the Joomla article module?

Please check this out:

https://www.joomshaper.com/blog/beautify-your-joomla-blog-posts-with-sp-page-builder

Best Regards

SG
Steven Gourlay
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #161205

Hi if you check the links in the hidden section i hope it better explains it.

SP Page that has the module in it to show articles from a specific category. This looks fine but when you click on read more the page it takes you is there anyway to edit the elements around it as i cant see my logo / menu etc in the top as its all white.

https://snipboard.io/G5OptC.jpg

Also to edit the font size on the main menu when you click on the hamburger, when i change the following in firefox it changes, however if i add that into my custom see nothing changes.

sp-header.celestia-header ul.sp-megamenu-parent>li>a, #sp-header.celestia-header ul.sp-megamenu-parent>li>span {

font-size: 30px;
font-weight: 100px;

}

C
Chriss
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #161268

This is an old and eternal problem of the SPB.

A simple function, a simple question and you get tips that don't really help or are "soon to be implemented". After endless hours and endless clicking you realize frustrated that it doesn't work at all.

I was a loyal user but as long as old problems remain, it's useless.

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #161360

Hi Steven Gourlay,

I have just tried to add a title image and it is working. Please check the screenshot:

https://share.cleanshot.com/pSYFG5gQ

I have also created a custom.css file and added the following code there:

.view-article #sp-page-title {
display: block;
}

Please let me know if something has left.

Best Regards

SG
Steven Gourlay
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #161363

Hi i was speaking to one of your colleages who has been very helpful. What i think JS need to get away from is answering one part in the forum post, it means back and forth too many times and a lot of added waiting.

Can you check my other points, your colleauge managed to get the blog post header showing and i would love to know how so i dont have to post again on here when i need to do it for another site.

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #161624

Hi Steven Gourlay!

I have shared the custom CSS that is responsible for page title appearance. Moreover I have created a custom.css file and put that CSS into that file.

If you want the font related code to work, please put them also in the custom.css file.

Let me know if it works the. I have just tried to login, but the previous links are not available to reach.

Best Regards