SP PageBuilder 5.3.4 - SlideShow And 1064 Error - Question | JoomShaper

SP PageBuilder 5.3.4 - SlideShow And 1064 Error

MA

Maria Allen

SP Page Builder 2 months ago

Hello Joomshaper team,

I use a paid template include SP PageBuilder Version 3.8.10. I havent changed anything, new installation with sample date.

Everything is working fine so far, only the PageBuilder 3 has an issue with empty edit area on the left side by edit some text and stuff on my side.

So I bought a SP PageBuilder license and did install my webside complete new with sample data, then ugrade SP PageBuilder from 3 to 5.3.4 and after that I got a Error 1064 (only on main page) and the slider is missing (even if the changelog show this should be solved).

I upgraded MariaDB from 10.6 to 10.11 and tried again: Same issue I tried another template: Same issue after upgrade from 3 to 5.3.4

It look like the PageBuilder has a problem with the SlideShow (missing after upgrade) and also with the Database: 1064 Error on main Page after update (only on main page, other pages are working, so maybe related with the SlideProblem).

Can you help me?

12 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #159803

Hi Maria,

Make a simple tests:

(1) Switch template to Casiopea and check the home page again. Why? Becuase maybe your template (not from us) overrides slideshow addon.

(2) Create a new Page, and add Slideshow addon with demo content and preview.

(3) Joomla has debug mode, you have turn it ON to see all error details (two steps).

error_reporting_debug.jpg

MA
Maria Allen
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #159809

I will try to use a Joomshaper Quickstart with Joomla 5. I want to try Investa and Mega Inc but I see only Joomla 4 not 5 Quickstart to download

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #159804

You can also ask Quickstart developer to upgrade everything inside to Joomla 4/5 standards, SPPB 3>5 too and you will save a lot of time and stress. Or use Quckstart that include SPPB 5 and new Joomla already.

SPPB 3.8 is NOT supported anymore, and do not work inside J5 as we informed in documenation.

MA
Maria Allen
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #159807

Hello Paul,

thank you for your information.

I used the Cassiopeia now and got the same error on the frontpage (you can check my side I will wait with restore from backup).

And a new error (by use Cassiopeia) on the backend by try upgrade to PageBuilder 5.3.4: JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL Duplicate column name 'is_favorite'

For the installation I use a Quickstart_Demo_Package from this template include Joomla 5 and PageBuilder: deleted by Maria

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #159816

please REMOVE link to themeforest (!)

In theory they should update Quickstart a few months ago with new SPPB 5. I suggest to ask them for that anyway.

But I can update SPPB (becuase you have SPPB license from Us) - but please share access to admin area as Super User

MA
Maria Allen
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #159889

See Details in hidden content. I deleted the link from my post above

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #159893

Thanks, I will check what I can do.

In the meantime, please correct that .... and let me know after.

info_2797_2024.jpg

info_2798_2024.jpg

These are the technical requirements of Joomla 5.x (!) As Joomla webmaster you have to take care of it dutifully..

Useful tips about that you can find also here: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/technical-requirements

MA
Maria Allen
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #159900

Done. Checked the warnings and changed the settings

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #159918

Thanks.

1. Now I was able to install a new version of SPPB 5.x.
  2. Yes, Home page is working, but I disabled addon "Joomlabuff Service" (3) from it.
  3. That Addon was made by Template Developer (!). Here are the errors it generates
Warning: Undefined variable $item in /templates/jb_theexperts/sppagebuilder/addons/joomlabuff_services/site.php on line 44

Warning: Undefined variable $item in /templates/jb_theexperts/sppagebuilder/addons/joomlabuff_services/site.php on line 52

My role ends here. Now use support from ThemeForest

You're welcome.

MA
Maria Allen
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #159922

Thank you very much, I see the home page is running. Do you know why it does not show the slideshow?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #159929

Works on my end (Firefox / Chrome), screenshot below. Check from different browser just in case of...

MA
Maria Allen
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #159936

True. After clear cache I see it (Firefox). Thank you very much for your help