SP PageBuilder Conflict With ZOO - Question | JoomShaper

SP PageBuilder Conflict With ZOO

G

Geoff

SP Page Builder 3 months ago

I have just become aware of this... it is causing a major issue for us with SP PageBuilder conflicting with the very popular ZOO component. Can it be resolved quickly? Excerpt from ZOO support ticket...

(ZOO Support)

The only way prevent ZOO from being broken in the backend while SP PageBuilder is installed, would be to navigate to System > Manage > Extensions, into the filter field insert System - SP PageBuilder, click on the search icon, tick Image System - SP PageBuilder, and click on the button "Disable" in the toolbar.

Once you have done what you wanted to do in ZOO, go to System > Manage > Extensions again, tick Image System - SP PageBuilder, and click on the button "Enable" in the toolbar.

FYI:

Unfortunately, both SP PageBuilder and ZOO use an identically named class ApplicationHelper without a "namespace", which causes a conflict. YOOtheme is aware of the problem, but there is no easy solution.

After having the Joomshaper Support Agent Review the issue, they stated, "Please contact the Zoo developer to check the issue. SP Page Builder runs well with Zoo. But Zoo is not running well. So, please check it with their developer."

Differently put: SP Page Builder interferes where it shouldn't and breaks ZOO — not the other way round. But a "blame game" won't lead anywhere. 😉

Thanks. Please... ? Geoff

3 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 months ago #157215

Hello Geoff

Thanks for bringing up the issue. I have got the old forum post and forwarded it to the development team. They will review it and if possible will make a change to support Yootheme Zoo. Let's hope for the best.

Best regards

G
Geoff
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #160205

Thanks Ofi. Do you know what would be involved in making this fix?

Geoff

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #160246

You are welcome 😊

Sorry, it has not reviewed yet. I have set high priority for your request.