Order / Payment Process - Question | JoomShaper

Order / Payment Process

swemmel

swemmel

EasyStore 9 months ago

Order creation and Payment

An order is already created and an oder- confirmation email is already sent as soon as you click “Pay” in the checkout-page. In my opinion these 2 things should be done only after the payment is successful.

Payment-results from Mollie There are 5 return-codes that can be received from Mollie:

• Open • Paid • Failed • Cancelled • Expired

Any of these return-codes result in a Order-confirmation email to the customer. In my opinion the only status that a customer should have a Confirmation-email should be “Paid”. In the cases that the return code is Failed, Cancelled or Expired the order should be deleted, I think. In the current situation Stock is lowered even if there is no paid order etcetera, etcetera. Also in the “My Orders” screen of the customer are all of these orders visible. And what is even more bad is that they are able to create a invoice, even for the orders that they did not pay??? Also, the return-codes (Status) of the Mollie plug-in are correct shown in the “My Orders” screen of the customer, but not in the Administrator part of EasyStore (EasyStore – Orders).

Payment-results from PayPal When you are directed to Paypal and you return to the shop without paying an order is created, an order-confirmation email is already sent etcetera, etcetera.

4 Answers
swemmel
swemmel
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #140093

Hi Guys,

I did upload a video to show what is wrong with the order/payment. I was logged in as a customer and followed the following steps:

1. Added a Product to the cart,
  2. Go to Checkout page (No orders were created yet),
  3. Clicked on Pay,
  4. The payment provider returned "Failed",
  5. One order was created and had the status "Failed" and the Cart was empty,
  6. I received a confirmation email for this one (is wrong cause not paid anything),
  7. Added another Product to the cart,
  8. Go to Checkout page,
  9. Clicked on Pay,
  10. Went back to the website without paying anything,
  11. Another order was created and had the status "Unpaid" and the cart was still filled,
  12. I received a confirmation email for this one too (is wrong cause not paid anything),
  13. Then I went back to the checkout page and clicked on pay and paid the amount,
  14. I received a confirmation email for this one also, which is correct,
  15. After this I had 3 orders in my Orders screen and 3 confirmation emails.

https://streamable.com/23vjvo (Link expires in 2 days)

I hope this helps.

Kind regards, Peter

swemmel
swemmel
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #140284

I did re-activate this video.

Best regards, Peter

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #140936

Hello swemmel

Apology for the inconvenience. Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

Best regards

swemmel
swemmel
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #140953

This is not something that only happens on my site, it is not a bug. This is how the order - Payment process is programmed in EasyStore.

If you want to use my website to play the scenario I noted, be my guest. You can find my credentials to my admin site in this post: https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/29127

Kind regards, Peter