I Only See 7 Fonts In The Text Block List - Question | JoomShaper

I Only See 7 Fonts In The Text Block List

S

Serhii

SP Page Builder 9 months ago

Hello, Problem with fonts

I only see 7 fonts in the text block list.

In the template settings -> typography I see a lot of fonts, but when I edit the page I only see 7 fonts. This is on Joomla versions 4.4.1 and 5.0.1, I haven’t tried it on others.

Is there a solution?

Thanks

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

I noticed that a font can be added to this list via the Font Book in the Page Builder component, but previously I was able to see all the fonts at once without having to add them.

7 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #139792

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. On template settings you have template options that's why it gives all fonts option like this, but when you edit it on page builder it gives you the page builder font options. Its not a issue actually. If you need more fonts then you have to install the fonts from fontbook. This documentation will help you:

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/font-book

I hope this may clear to you now.

-Regards.

S
Serhii
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #139847

Hello Mehtaz!

Thank you for your quick reply! I did that once I already used fonts in PageBuilder, all fonts were available at once. Also I don't understand why they are available in the template settings, but when creating a text block they are not visible, also I noticed that some fonts that I add manually are not in the template settings.

The logical conclusion is that they are two different lists. It was convenient to just flip through them without having to add them. Now more than 900 fonts to install each individually would be time-consuming, after I added 40-50 fonts I lost the desire to add the rest ))

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #140009

Ok I will add it in our feature request list so that our team will think about it.

Thanks.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #140017

If I may....

Template settings=/=Component settings, it means that fonts that you can choose in Template Typography are general. And only you can decide to choose a different ones in specific addons etc. They are not connected.

Now more than 900 fonts to install each individually would be time-consuming

Sorry, but who smart wants to use more than extra 10 fonts (custom or Google Fonts) on a single website? It would be suicide for website speed.

By design mostly from the client you get Corporate Identity in the listed fonts , which you must use. Of course, an additional one is indicated as so-called general. So the choice is made at the start. Alternatively, you make a mock-up for someone to approve, so that there is no several days of playing "not this font, maybe another one, more thicker, thinner, serif, script or more fantasy".

I hope next year we will add "Font Book" solution for Helix Ultimate as you know that tool from SPPB.

S
Serhii
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #140025

2-3 fonts, correct, but not always the client gives a clear objective, so playing with fonts is part of the designer's job.

So it's right to have a big variety of fonts without having to download each one separately to play with the style.

I only asked this question because I used to use your platform before and there all fonts were installed, I didn't have to add fonts individually. Perhaps you have something changed.

LW
Lee Chi Wai
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #160237

Hi,

Any updates on this? In SP Page Builder 3.8.10, the Google Fonts are listed after the System Fonts e.g. in Text addon. In v5,2,6 it only lists the System Fonts.

Thanks!

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #160240

SPPB 3.8 - is not supported.

But the main question is ... do you really need to choose Google Font each time in SPPB addons, or just set them ONES in Template Options (for each HTML tag) and save lots of time (hours in total).

Lee, I assume you are not from EU - so you don't need worry about GDPR law, just use Google Fonts directly from Helix Typography or loaded manually >> https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/customization-tips#how-to-add-google-fonts-manually