Lack Of Creativity And Progress In Joomshaper Templates - Question | JoomShaper

Lack Of Creativity And Progress In Joomshaper Templates

Atlas

Atlas

Template 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone,

I just need to get this off my chest. I’m seriously disappointed with the direction Joomshaper seems to be taking with their templates. Seriously, "Velvet" feels like a knockoff of "Allura" – where's the originality?

I've been sticking around for years hoping to see some real innovation, but all I'm seeing is the same old stuff. It’s like they've hit a creativity roadblock and can't seem to move past it.

Sure, they've pumped out some commerce components recently, but what about the templates? Shouldn’t they be pushing boundaries there too?

This isn’t personal, but it's time for Joomshaper to step up and start listening to their users. We deserve better, and it's about time they started delivering.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but enough is enough.

By the way, check out these examples from the competition to see what real creativity looks like:

GlowBar Theme https://demo.yootheme.com/joomla/themes/glowbar/

Kojiro Theme (Restaurant Template - (It's about time Joomshaper created a decent restaurant and fast food template, since most of us here likely have the most customers. You guys always focus on the fashion industry, industries, and idiotic niches that no one can sell.) https://demo.yootheme.com/joomla/themes/kojiro/

Cheers.

P.S. I'm already halfway out the door to Yootheme if something decent doesn't come up here soon!

8 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #155702

Hi Atlas.

Let me disagree with you. For the templates dev teams, the design is not the main thing. The main thing is functionality.

It would be excessive wastefulness to have a top level designers with ideas one step ahead of the World in the templates dev team. Then such templates would cost you a lot of money.

For top design there is Behance. And you can repeat almost any design from there using Helix Ultimate and your skills. With Yootheme templates, this is also possible but more complicated.

GlowBar Theme

I did not see anything amazing and outstanding. Everything is quite standard and has already been made by many other designers 100500 times. Including Joomshaper had something similar. A matter of taste.

See the top level designs on Behance

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 weeks ago #155725

Hi Atlas

Thanks for contacting us and thanks for your opinions. Our team members work very hard and try to fulfill our customers' needs. As customers are our first priority that's why we maintain so many methods like priority customers' opinions, feature requests, and so on. Whatever we should improve our work more. By the way, we appreciate your opinions and I will inform our team about your opinions.

-Regards.

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #155773

Hi,

In my opinion, the problem with templates is not the creative design, the problem is that they do not provide technical novelties, they are all the same. They do not provide knowledge. Another problem is that they focus too much on the EasyStore, a product that, today, I consider failed.

Before the appearance of the Easy Store, the templates were of much higher quality, each one had some CSS trick that you could use as inspiration for projects. I agree with @Pavel that it is not a priority to hire a top-level designer, but since they bill us for the templates in the subscription plans, I wish they had the quality they previously offered.

I sincerely believe that this haste with the launch of the EasyStore is mortgaging the development of Joomshaper's two star products, the Helix Framework and the SP Page Builder, products with good stable development, but that could evolve much more.

I wish the team would take it as constructive criticism, when talking about EasyStore, it seems like they take us for haters, but that's not the case, we all want the best for Joomshaper, they are capable of offering us good products, but I think they are making a mistake and You'll see it in December, when it's time to renew subscriptions. Please listen to your customers before it's too late.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 week ago #155855

Thanks for your opinions. I will also inform our team about your thoughts.

Atlas
Atlas
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #155907

Never too tired to always give the same answers, knowing full well that the developers couldn't care less about what we say!

Thank you for nothing Mehtaz.

Atlas
Atlas
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #155908

I want to make it clear that you can never truly understand the difference until you've tested it yourself. I have an active account here and have installed 4 templates. At all the page builder component and the templates are at least usable and perfect harmonized with the mobile devices etc. In contrast, other templates here are often overloaded with unnecessary databases for doctors (including hospitals) or industrial themes that are of little relevance to most customers.

I have shown a lot of patience as they have been releasing template after template here for years that are neither suitable for daily use nor serve the needs of our customers. There are millions of restaurants, hairdressers, beauty salons, and other businesses that are simply ignored or neglected. Instead, they try to sell there stupid booking and Health-Components, with so many errors in.

How many hospitals do you have as customers? Or how many customers from other industries do you serve? This would help to clarify that you want to see specific numbers and examples to better understand the relevance of the templates being offered.

Yootheme has a sophisticated page builder that works perfectly from the front end and doesn't feel overloaded. Additionally, the support team here is not keeping up with tracking their own products. None of the support staff have any idea where the development is heading. It's always the same clichés. Sehnaz wrote these exact same syllables to me in the forum 3-4 years ago. They never tire of repeating themselves. It's sad to see. No progress, nothing.

Please tell me, which of these templates from here have you actively used for a client?

You mention functionality. The functionality of easyStore is ridiculous. The customer has to enter their country every time they make a purchase. Please don't talk about functionality here. None of the pages work perfectly on devices.

Furthermore, my request, which would significantly enhance the product's functionality, was ignored last year. So much for listening to customers. Customers whom Joomshaper had warned for years about developing past us. Look at where they've ended up now. They don't learn!

Which customer takes a website seriously that constantly asks for their country of origin or delivery country? In this day and age? That's foolish! It's not only annoying for the customer, but also reflects poorly on the professionalism of the website and the company.

I'm out. Good luck to you all. Sometimes you should switch. Sometimes. Cheers

A
Artur
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #155912

I support my friend. Joomshaper is a bit lost in what he is doing. We pay for ready-made templates and Joomshaper does not update or develop them. I would like to remind you that we already have Joomla 5. Where are the updates to Joomla5? EasyStore is the most expensive on the market and has the most shortcomings and problems. How can we look to the future when you are always behind? Delegate an employee to bring all templates up to current standards. Please update helix ultimate. Improve mobile scoring on pagespeed. It's hard to score green for mobile devices. I love joomshaper products, but I still have some problems with your products. Lack of updates most often results in non-compliance with current standards.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 week ago #156089

Thanks all for your opinions. I will inform our team about your thoughts.

-Regards.