Helix Ultimate Template - Error - Question | JoomShaper

Helix Ultimate Template - Error

PH

Paul Heinrichs

Template 1 week ago

When I try and access the template options I receive the following error: "Default Layout file is not exists! Please goto to template manager and create a new layout first."
I am using the latest Joomla v4 and the latest version of the template (2.1). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but receive the same message.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

4 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #156308

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this oversight. If you use menu assignment then Helix will display this message. I just unassigned the menu items from other templates. Please check now.

Best regards,

Toufiqur Rahman (Team Lead, Support)

PH
Paul Heinrichs
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #156343

It does indeed fix the issue with the Helix Template. However, I am not sure how I can properly build and test the Helix template along with the SP Page Builder pages if I am not able to assign templates to various pages. Disabling all menu assignments disables how my current site works as I use a few different versions of a template for different parts of my site (eg Home page vs my default). Is this a conflict with the other templates or a bug in the software?

PH
Paul Heinrichs
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #156353

This is an excerpt from the documentation from Helix Ultimate template:

"Joomla! gives you the option of switching between two or more styles on the Front-end. This is done with "Menu Assignment", so you can set different styles for each menu or only a menu item. This allows specific "pages" (menu items) that are defined by menu links to set for a "specific" style. Styles can be of different templates."

It appears that the ability to use menu assignment should be possible.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #156413

I have checked Helix Ultimate with the Joomla default template about the menu assignment function. It works fine. I think your running template occurred this problem with our Helix Ultimate Template. Thanks