Issue Appear After I Upgrade PHP To 8.1 And Above - Question | JoomShaper

Issue Appear After I Upgrade PHP To 8.1 And Above

5uwebsite

SP Page Builder 1 week ago

Hi There,

After I launch the website, I found that there are some issues on footer position. This issue happened several times.

This problem occurs as soon as we upgrade PHP to 8.1 and above. Could you please help us out and tell us how to avoid this problem from recurring in the future.

Please see the screenshot to figure out this issue.

https://mrkr.io/s/6639476fea429f722c0dc348/0 https://mrkr.io/s/66394d20bc54b3f21498b7b1/0

Thank you, Bill

11 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #156163

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this oversight. I have added solution. Maybe, your server used caching & please clean your cache from the server. Then check again.

Best regards,

Toufiqur Rahman (Team Lead, Support)

5uwebsite
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #156197

Hi Tofiqur,

Thank you for your help. However, after cached files are cleared, we just got an error after this fix and the whole website is not loading. As shown here:

https://mrkr.io/s/663a4b67387180edf899c0b3/0

Could you please take a look?

Thanks.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #156219

Fixed.

That file in template folder was from wrong version of helix: html\layouts\chromes\sp_xhtml.php

5uwebsite
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #156221

Hi Paul,

This issue happened several times. We often use Joomshaper's template, so how do we solve this problem in the future?

If we use PHP 8.1 or above version in the future. Will this problem still occur?

Thanks

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #156269

Your template is ... old based on Helix3.

With small (our) help it should work in PHP 8.1 as well.

5uwebsite
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #156350

Hi Paul,

What we should do for many other templates of JoomShaper. They all have similar issues when using php 8.1 or up. We want to use at least php8.2. Is there a guide to fix them all?

Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #156412

I have checked today & no issues on your site. Even your site uses PHP 8.1.

5uwebsite
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #156568

Hi Toufiq,

We are experiencing the same problem with the template we use for our other sites. Can you please tell us what we can do to solve it. Is there any way we can fix these same issues ourselves.

Template PHP version is 8.1 or above will have the same problem.

Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 days ago #156633

Download the latest version of the template and install it on your site. Before applying this process, Please keep a backup of your site. Thanks

5uwebsite
Accepted Answer
6 days ago #156734

Thanks Toufiq. Is there a way to get the templates updated at the backend, without erasing the custom CSS rules we made for each website?

Thank you.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 days ago #156772

If you need custom css code then you should create a custom.css file inside the css file inside the template css directory. Then install the template. Thanks

Note: You should keep a backup before doing major updates.